Title of Post: Project Field Assistant (one post)
Project title: Improved durable solutions opportunities for internally displaced persons
Duration: 8 months (2 months probation)
Post level: SC
Start date: June 2019
Application Deadline: 17. May 2019 (midnight)
Duty Station: Gracanica/e
This UNHCR funded project aims to enhance the support to IDPs caseload in Kosovo and relevant institutions, to ensure the creation of environment conducive for durable solutions, including the option of returning to place of origin, integrating in the place of displacement, and resettling in a place other that the place of displacement in Kosovo subject to informed, individual and voluntary decisions of the displaced persons.
Forum for Development and Multi-ethnic Collaboration/FDMC will strengthen partnerships with relevant central and local level actors, fostering approaches to solutions based on a comprehensive analysis of the situation of displaced persons within Kosovo.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the Project Field Assistant will be in charge of the following duties and responsibilities within project target areas:
- Ensure proper coordination in target areas in terms of monitoring ongoing activities within targeted Collective Centers and communicate with the relevant local partners on daily basis.
- Prepare regular project monitoring report.
- Ensure implementation of the planned and envisaged activities in the project target areas.
- Assist the Project Manager in identifying eventual obstacles for the implementation of project.
- Assist and communicate relevant information to IDPs in targeted areas.
- Coordinate and communicate relevant information to other UNHCR implementing partners.
- Establish and maintain relations with local institutions and other relevant international agencies or organizations present in the area of responsibility.
- Maintain the links with the central and local government and local communities.
- Ensure the liaison between implementing partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed the Secondary school education.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Social Sciences and Philology would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 2 to 4 years progressive experience in project implementation.
- Experience in project monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven track record in working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven track record in working in international and local organizations.
- Strong communications skills.
- Fluency in oral and written Serbian and English is essential.
- Working knowledge of Albanian is an asset.
- Use initiative to achieve planned results within timeframe targets.
- Applies sound judgment in solving problems and negotiation process.
- Communicates convincingly FDMC’s position with sensitivity.
- Integrity and efficiency, ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to adapt with flexibility to changing environments.
- Skillful in working in cross-functional teams.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications should be sent no later by midnight 17th of May 2019.